Commodore Amiga PSU for A500, A500+, A600, A1200, CD32
Amiga PSU for Commodore Amiga A500, A500+, A600, A1200 or CD32
Our new Amiga PSU is modern, 50W strong replacement power supply unit for Commodore Amiga computer systems. Provides stable filtered 5VDC (up to 4.0A), 12VDC (up to 2.0A) and -12VDC (up t p0.5A) by industrial & medical grade AC/DC power supply. Trimmed for Amiga 500 reference load. The best and most affordable basic Amiga PSU replacement on the market. The one and only absolute industry standard using the Mean-Well's RPT-60B as a base component, followed by many copiers and clones you should beware!
Commodore Amiga PSU by Electroware: a fresh start for your Commodore Amiga system. Efficient and reliable, 55W strong medical grade PSU to power and preserve!
Stay original! Buy only the genuine Electroware's gear and beware the fancy overrated clones flooding eBay & WWW!
GET THE NEW PSU AS YOUR AMIGA IS WORTH IT.
The Commodore Amiga computers were originally equipped with various PSU models. Heavyweight, lightweight, in range of 24W-35W output power. Some of them were trafo based when the other where switching mode (actually quite good) but now, all of these PSUs have same problem: are over 30 years old and not longer reliable.
Worldwide Amiga Users community is active & creative ;) using of some additional gear is now a standard (HDDs, SD cards, WiFi PCMCIA, RAM&CPU extensions & accelerators). It's all making the power consumption higher than ever expected for stock PSU, causing the overload and high ripple.
If your PSU is not enough or is not longer working - it's time to get a solid replacement made of superior quality, reliable components complying the modern medical grade standards. It's 50W (55W peak) of total combined output power making it nearly 2x times stronger than original Commodore Amiga PSU and 2x smaller in dimensions & weight to save your desk's space.
THE SCOPE OF THE CLONE HUNTING GAME
For many years we are listening to your feedback and offering the unique, new replacement PSU for Commodore computers. Thanks to continuous contact with Commodore users community worldwide our PSU is getting better with every feedback we receive. It's 10th revision offered now, always designed with retro computing love and by active C64, C128 & Amiga users.
We are proud to say that our original PSU design becomes an industry standard, accepted and valued worldwide. What a pity it has been copied and crippled by many other sellers hungry for "easy" profit. Offering PSU packed in fancy enclosures & stuffed with tons of ridiculous marketing slogans like "designed from scratch". Please beware of these copies as we can't take responsibility for their quality, safety features and overall performance.
THE ABSOLUTE BASICS OF MODERN AMIGA PSU
Standard Amiga PSU features:
- Commodore Amiga 500, 500+, 600, 1200, CD32 compatible
- Stabilized & filtered 5VDC up to 4A output (4.4A peak)
- Stabilized & filtered 12VDC up to 2A output (2.2A peak)
- Stabilized & filtered -12VDC up to 0.5A output (0.55A peak)
- Carefully calibrated for Amiga 500 reference load
- Active & passive over voltage protection for main +5VDC line
- Over current protection for all output lines
- Fully isolated & fused on AC side
- Power On/Off switch
- Long output cable (1.8m) with rectangular DIN 5-pin plug (or round 4-pin plug for CD32 version).
- Detachable input AC cable for all versions (cable included)
- Weight only 0.4 KG (2x less than original PSU)
- Runs COLD!
- Safety standards: UL60950-1, TUV EN60950-1, ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1, TUV EN60601-1, IEC60601-1
GO BEYOND THE BASIC ORDER AMIGA PSU EXTENSION MODULE
Protection & LED Module add-on to enable an advanced features:
- Status LED (green)
- Redundant, fast over voltage protection for 5VDC line
- Voltage spikes suppression with ultra-fast TVS diode
- Redundant, resettable over current protection for 5VDC line
- Additional output ripple reduction by low-ESR capacitor filtering
UNIQUE FEATURES & QUALITY
Stay with the original Electroware products to gain top build quality, unique features unavailable with the clone products:
- Reliable ON/OFF switch is a must for Amiga PSU
- Detachable AC input cable (we deliver standard cable but you can use much longer cables if necessary).
- Hi-quality rectangular 5-pin plug 100% Amiga compatible
- Hi-quality rectangular 4-pin plug 100% CD32 (for CD32 version)
- 100% repairable, easy to disassemble by qualified technician, spare parts available.
- All electric cables terminated with the industrial grade, detachable wire-to-board connectors. There's no amateur and dangerous direct AC and DC wire-to-board soldering!
Protection LED Module add-on advanced features:
- Status LED (green) on protection LED add-on module
- Redundant fast over voltage protection for 5VDC line
- Redundant resetable over current protection for 5VDC line
- additional output ripple reduction by low-ESR capacitor filtering
TRUST & RESPONSIBILITY
Every single Electroware AMIGA PSU unit is triple tested before dispatch. To assure flawless quality and long lasting performance we are testing with original Commodore gear from our collection as well as by burn-in test with customized load simulating devices causing 150% overload (comparing to regular AMIGA 500 system).
Stay with the original Electroware products to gain top build quality, unique features unavailable with the clone products.
By purchasing this product you are supporting the C= community worldwide and contributing to our continuous developing process. Thank you!
Risk of electrical shock and energy hazard when opened. All failures should be examined by a qualified technicians only. Risk of fire or electrical shock. The ventilation holes should be protected from foreign objects or dripping liquids. Please do not install power supplies in places with high ambient temperature or close to the heat source. Enclosed power supplies are intent to work in indoor locations, it's not allowed to use power supplies outdoor, in dust or high moisture. Output current and output wattage must not exceed the rated values.
This replacement Amiga PSU has been designed for Commodore Amiga 500, 500+, 600, 1200 and CD32 vintage computer systems only and should be considered as an integral component of Amiga computer system. Do not connect to any other devices as it's not a general purpose PSU. Manufacturer is not responsible for any consequences of unauthorised or arbitrary repairs, modifications or incorrect usage. Please notice that new, properly working replacement Amiga PSU is reducing the system's potential fail rate but still is not guaranteeing that entire Amiga system will work correctly (it's >30 years old).
Stay original! Buy only the genuine C64 PSU gear and beware the fancy overrated clones flooding eBay & WWW!