Commodore Amiga A500, A500+, A600, A1200, CD32 PSU
New power supply unit PSU for Commodore Amiga A500, A500+, A600, A1200 or CD32
Important COVID-19 information: due to the COVID-19 outbreak, governments have implemented postal and courier services limitations across many countries worldwide. It's hard for our business but your health and service satisfaction is most important so we strongly advise to hold on with PSU purchases till the end of this worldwide crisis (or at least till full shipping services resuming in your country). It's not an isolated problem of Electroware company logistics but ALL the companies shipping goods worldwide are involved. You can still place the back order as we will process them all and prepare for immediate shipping as soon as the services would be fully resumed (notice it would take at least a month depending on destination). Some of services are still available (mainly express) so if you need to get your PSU really fast, try express shipping option. We will contact you then for possible options as we are tracking the services status changes all the time. Thank you for understanding and please be reasonable to protect your health. Your Commodore gear has withstand ~35 years and will surely wait a month longer ;)
Commodore Amiga & CD32 PSU replacements
The Commodore Amiga computers were originally equipped with various PSU models. Heavyweight, lightweight, in range of 24W to 35W output power. Some of them were transformer based, the other switched mode and quite good (SMPS) - but now all have ~30 years.
Worldwide Amiga users are active and creative :) love to add some additional gear to their machines (HDDs, SD cards, PCMCIA, RAM extensions and CPU accelerators... all making the power consumption higher than expected for regular PSU.
If your PSU simply got lost, is not longer working or the cable plug got broken - it's time to get a solid replacement made from good quality and reliable components, complying the medical grade equipment standards. It's 50W (55W peak) of total output power (combined) so it's nearly two times stronger than original Commodore Amiga PSU and has two times smaller dimensions to save your desk's space.
Enable additional features by including the add-on Protection / LED Module.
It's providing LED "power good" indicator (as you've requested many times), and additional triac-based over voltage protections (well known from our C64 PSU). It's including fast TVS diode as a suppressor against the fast transient voltage spikes and additional low ESR capacitor, reducing the AC/DC module output ripple.
Of course the basic Amiga PSU internal AC/DC component is high-quality and includes it's own over voltage protection but our retro gear is priceless so there is nothing bad in doubling it "just-in-case" (and lower the trigger activation limit to safer voltages by the way).
Standard Amiga PSU features
- Commodore Amiga A500 A500+ A600 A1200 compatible (rectangular 5-pin plug) or CD32 compatible (round 4-pin plug)
- Stabilized +5VDC up to 4.0A rated output (4.4A max peak <10s)
- Stabilized +12VDC up to 2.0A rated output (2.2A max peak <10s)
- Stabilized -12VDC up to 0.5A rated output (0.55A max peak <10s)
- Over current protection for all output lines
- Over voltage protection for main +5VDC output line
- Power On/Off switch
- Output cable (~1.7m), thick 1.0 mm2 wires
- Weight only 0.5 KG
- Safety standards: UL60950-1, TUV EN60950-1, ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1, TUV EN60601-1, IEC60601-1
Add-On Protection Module additional features
- triac based additional over voltage protection (5VDC)
- TVS diode for fast transient voltage spikes suppression
- power-on LED indicator (green)
- reduced ripple & noise by additional, low ESR caps
Mind to select proper AC plug version:
- EU version: 220-240 VAC (Europlug Type C) for all European countries except: UK, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus.
- US version: 110-120 VAC (Type B) for USA, CAN, JPN, MEX and many others.
- UK version: 220-240 VAC (Type G) for UK, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus, Malaysia and Singapore.
- AU version: 220-240 VAC (Type I) for Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and many Pacific Island countries.
- Risk of electrical shock and energy hazard. All failure should be examined by a qualified technician. Please do not open!
- Caution! Risk of fire or electrical shock. The ventilation holes should be protected from foreign objects or dripping liquids.
- Please do not install power supplies in places with high ambient temperature or close to the heat source.
- The maximum ambient temperature range allowed is -20C to 65C.
- Enclosed power supplier are intent to work in indoor locations, it's not allowed to use power supplies outdoor, in dust or high moisture.
- Output current and output wattage must not exceed the rated values on the specifications.
PSU designed exclusively for Commodore Amiga 500, Amiga 600 and Amiga 1200 systems only - do not attempt connect to any other devices. This replacement PSU has been designed for Commodore Amiga vintage computer systems only and should be considered as an integral component of Commodore Amiga computer system. Do not connect to any other devices as it's not a general purpose PSU.
Manufacturer is not responsible for any consequences of unauthorised or arbitrary repairs, modifications or incorrect usage. Please notice that new, properly working replacement PSU is reducing the system's potential fail rate but still is not guaranteeing that entire Commodore Amiga system will work correctly (as it's ~30 years old).