Commodore Amiga PSU PRO
New adjustable PRO power supply unit PSU for Commodore Amiga A500, A500+, A600, A1200.
Amiga PSU PRO: strong and reliable 63.5W rated, adjustable Amiga PSU unit.
Simply called PRO as dedicated for advanced Amiga users. Although it was meant for accelerated units it may be used with a regular Amiga 500, 500+, 600 and 1200 models as well. If you want to have more control over the main 5VDC supply voltage, you would surely like the new enforced PSU unit. It's 63.5W rated (72W peak) of total combined output power so it's nearly two times stronger than original strongest Commodore Amiga PSU, still being significantly smaller than original, just to save your desk's space.
Form many users our regular Amiga PSU unit is fineand enough, but now you have a choice.
Manual adjustable 4.75 - 5.75 VDC main output (limits measured with no-load) allows to adjust the exact voltage for your configuration assuring exact 5VDC on the main board (when measured with full load). There is many ways to measure and set the voltage (hardcore way shown on the picture - do not follow if your are not mentally ready to accept the fact of frying your Amiga ;) and alternatively you can measure the voltage on Amiga parallel port (without opening the enclosure) PIN14 (5VDC Vcc) and PIN25 (GND).
The PSU adjustment has it's own internal voltage limits (4.75 ~ 5.75 VDC) so, in theory, should not fry your Amiga even on the low/hi potentiometer mechanical limits but please be alert here.... adjust gently, with small steps with care and precision (to not to rip it up totally) observing the Amiga behaviour all the time. PSU's status LED blinking means: "it's not good" the low/high voltage limit reached on the 5VDC line. Proceed only if you know what you are actually doing!
Warinig: Adjustment potentiometer is on safe side of the PSU and screwdriver hole is guided preventing internal shortcuts, but for your and your equipment protection please always use isolated screwdriver for adjustment process. Notice rubber cap on the adjustment hole - it should cover the hole during regular usage!
It's best to measure the 5VDC voltage directly on Amiga's main board (hard core way) or external ports to set exact 5VDC with your specific load. Accelerated units due to high currents, are causing heavy voltage drop on the power supply cable - now it's possible to compensate it with adjustable PSU. If you are using Furia, Vampire, Cobra or ACA cards with your A600 or A1200 you surely know this fact already.
Detachable main AC cable option allowing you to use long (practically unlimited) customized input cables to place the power supply comfortably exactly where you need it. It's also possible to use the PSU with different voltage or AC input standard by replacing the input cable only. Universal input of 90-264VAC (47-440Hz) and 127-370VDC is allowing worldwide usage (Europe/USA and others) without any limitations.
- Commodore Amiga A500 A500+ A600 A1200 compatible
- Stabilized +5VDC up to 5.5A rated output (7A max peak <10s)
- Stabilized +12VDC up to 2.5A rated output (3.2A max peak <10s)
- Stabilized -12VDC up to 0.5A rated output (0.7A max peak <10s)
- Over current protection for all output lines
- Under/Over voltage protection for main +5VDC output line
- Power On/Off switch
- Status & Power-ON LED*
- Output cable (~1.7m), thick 1.0 mm2 wires
- Detachable main AC cable
- Weight only 0.5 KG
- Safety standards: UL60950-1, TUV EN60950-1, EAC TP TC 004
Mind to select proper AC plug version of the supply cable:
EU version: 220-240 VAC (Europlug Type C) for all European countries except: UK, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus.
US version: 110-120 VAC (Type B) for USA, CAN, JPN, MEX and many others.
UK version: 220-240 VAC (Type G) for UK, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus, Malaysia and Singapore.
AU version: 220-240 VAC (Type I) for Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and many Pacific Island countries.
- Risk of electrical shock and energy hazard. All failure should be examined by a qualified technician.
- Please do not open! Always use isolated tools for voltage adjusting!
- Caution! Risk of fire or electrical shock. The ventilation holes should be protected from foreign objects or dripping liquids.
- Please do not install power supplies in places with high ambient temperature or close to the heat source.
- The maximum ambient temperature range allowed range is -20C to 60C.
- Enclosed power supplier are intent to work in indoor locations, it's not allowed to use power supplies outdoor, in dust or high moisture.
- Output current and output wattage must not exceed the rated values on the specifications.
PSU designed exclusively for Commodore Amiga 500, Amiga 600 and Amiga 1200 systems - do not attempt connect to any other devices. This replacement PSU has been designed for Commodore Amiga vintage computer systems only and should be considered as an integral component of Commodore Amiga computer system. Do not connect to any other devices as it's not a general purpose PSU.
Manufacturer is not responsible for any consequences of unauthorised or arbitrary repairs, modifications or incorrect usage. Please notice that new, properly working replacement PSU is reducing the system's potential fail rate but still is not guaranteeing that entire Commodore Amiga system will work correctly (as it's ~30 years old).
* Please notice the LED location may wary a bit as I'm still looking for optimal placement.